True Spin Dental sells the following MARS Bio-Med Amalgam Separators:
- Liberty BOSS Amalgam Separator – 3 HP variable speed. Retail $1,174.00
- 3 Years Guaranteed Service 1-3 Operatories
- No Restrictive Flow Lowering Vacuum Efficiency
- Simple Install and Replacement
- Cost Effective Solution to Amalgam Separation
- Captures Soluble Mercury
- Interior Diameter for Vacuum Flow Largest in the Industry
- Contact us to order
About the New Amalgam Separator Mandate
New rules mandate all dental offices to have an amalgam separator. If you are purchasing an amalgam separator, you may want to review the ADA’s and EPA’s guidance on separator standards to ensure your amalgam separator will be compliant with the updated standards. The EPA final rule on amalgam separators is effective as of July 14, 2017, and the date for compliance is July 14, 2020.
All amalgam separators will require amalgam disposal by a certified disposal company. You may want to ask the disposal company to give you a Certificate of Compliance for your records. Estimated minimum operating costs for amalgam separators are $300-$400 annually, including the disposal fee.